Join us in the experimenting with modeling clay and its plasticity, learning how an object is shaped and trying it yourself, and finishing with decoration using ceramic glazes.
We start with the modeling of small figures, then we experiment with Colombino and slab techniques. As for the design, we'll start with a geometric division for the glazing of a dish with a few light brushstrokes to touch-up.
We then move on to an enamel glaze bath to finish the decoration. With this formula, you'll experience each step of the process, and have an overview of the production of Majolica, a technique developed in the Renaissance and for which Italy is reknown, and which remains a traditional local product.
- A Journey Made through Ceramics:
- Creating a small clay animal
- Modeling of a small vessel using the Colombino technique
- Enameling an object
- Striped decoration of an object
- Decoration of a 15x15cm tile
- Note: Your hands will get dirty, and we advise wearing comfortable clothes.